Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Setbacks.....

I know everyone always says that failure is great and it's what art is all about. And while part of me buys it, the other part is still discouraged.

I experienced several setbacks over this fall break regarding IP. First of all, I was unable to stage the large-scale cyanotype with my sisters. My first problem was that I did not have the space or time to prepare the fabric. Furthermore, I had not experimented enough on a smaller scale. Also, it was too cold to be laying outside without warm clothing. I have been researching several sources of UV light that are not the sun. Unfortunately, they all seem to have extremely negative effects on humans. Therefore, I probably should not force my family to lay underneath them.

I guess I am just a little frustrated with what I am doing. I really enjoy being able to work and work and I feel like I am running into far too many roadblocks for my comfort. I am not producing enough work. I am just frustrated.

For now, I am going to work on small scale tests. Hopefully, that will take me somewhere meaning ful soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna,

    I don't know why this took me so long to realize, but I was making digital photograms before I came to Michigan. If you are having trouble with the sun and chemistry and don't mind working within the size limit of the scanner, you could still get the cyanotype effect. It just won't be as participatory as you might want.

    This is the only true "photogram style" image I have on my website, but it gives you an idea.

    http://www.michaelborowski.com/NW06.html

    ReplyDelete